On June 1st, Ryan Murphy Construction will be participating in the 50th Anniversary Scotiabank Calgary Marathon while raising funds for Cerebral Palsy kids and Families through the Scotiabank Charity Challenge.
This is our second year supporting ‘Team Piper’. Ryan Murphy Construction is excited to have employees and friends joining in to raise money for a cause that is very near to us.
This year we would like to raise awareness about Cerebral Palsy (CP). Here are some facts about CP:
- CP is the most common motor disability in childhood and affects more than 17 million people worldwide
- CP refers to the loss or impairment of motor function.
- CP is caused by a brain injury or by abnormal development of the brain that occurs while a child’s brain is still developing — before birth, during birth, or immediately after birth.
- It was once thought that cerebral palsy was caused by complications during the birthing process. While this does happen, it is now widely agreed that birthing complications account for only a small percentage, an estimated 10 percent, of cerebral palsy cases.
- Current research suggests the majority of cerebral palsy cases result from abnormal brain development or brain injury prior to birth or during labor and delivery.
If you would like to be a part of Team Piper, please donate or come run with us!
Share this Post